Friday, July 2, 2010

She's in lock-down

Rachel attacked her two lead therapists so violently that they had to call 911. I met them at the emergency room where it took 12 people to restrain her and get her into a 4-point restraint system, and they had to shoot her full of adult-level anti-psychotic meds. I stayed with her at the emergency room and after the meds turned the four hours of raging into crying hysteria - with her still physically restrained to the bed, I sang prayers to her until she finally fell asleep. She was eventually transferred to a locked psychiatric facility. They don't have them in our state, so she's been moved out of state temporarily. The doc there told me they're putting her back on anti-psychotics, which the regular psych hospital had taken her off of. I said Thank God. I slept all day. Still need more, but Joey's home from camp any minute.

1 comment:

  1. 12 people on a 12 year old? something isn't right here. This child is possessed and no one sees that...

    ReplyDelete